A tech entrepreneur overdosed acceso ecstasy that had been given to him by a drug dealer and died at home while looking after his four-year-old son, an inquest has heard.
Software engineer Patrick Lismore, 36, from Belfast, was discovered durante the hallway of his £350,000 Hampshire home after a neighbour woke to the sound of dogs barking and his young son crying.
Self-described ‘ethical hacker’ Mr Lismore had co-founded three different technology companies, and had a inclinazione for soft drug use durante his youth.
A court heard the ‘devoted father’ was not a personaggio drinker, but often smoked cannabis as it helped his productivity while working.
His wife, Danae Lismore, described her shock at discovering he had taken the Class A drug, but believed he may have experimented with it as he was working acceso an ‘exciting new project’.
Mrs Lismore told the Winchester hearing: ‘He was doing well at work – he had a very clever brain and he thrived non attivato technology – he was into cyber security and block chains.’
The post-mortem gave his cause of death as a cardiac arrhythmia paio to taking a substantial amount of ecstasy.
Software engineer Patrick Lismore, 36, from Belfast, was discovered durante the hallway of his £350,000 Hampshire home after a neighbour woke to the sound of dogs barking and his young son crying
Mr Lismore was found dead durante their £350,000 home near the yachting village of Lymington durante Hampshire’s New Forest durante February 2020.
The inquest heard Mr Lismore’s wife had gone acceso a trip to Brighton with friends, leaving her husband to after their son.
Per a statement read to the court durante Winchester, Hants, neighbour Jacob Anderstone said he had knocked acceso Mr Lismore’s front door durante the early hours of the morning as his dogs were barking, but there was anzi che no response.
Mr Anderstone said: ‘I woke up at around 7:30 and went into the back garden, looked over the back fence and the dogs were durante the house and they were going nuts still.
‘The barking was getting louder and louder and I could hear the little boy crying through the wall.
‘I went and knocked acceso the front door quite duro and I could make out the shadow of the young boy coming through from the lounge.
‘He just looked at me and walked back into the living room without saying anything. I looked and saw Patrick lying acceso the foyer floor.’
Mr Lismore, a cybersecurity expert and prolific blockchain entrepreneur, also worked durante cybersecurity at Thales – a French company which provides services durante aerospace, defence, transportation and security.
The inquest heard Mr Lismore did not really bevanda alcohol but smoked cannabis as it helped him work.
Mrs Lismore said: ‘(Smoking cannabis) would be his way of winding . He was quite productive acceso it – it was not just a slack non attivato acceso the sofa.
‘Most people help themselves to a glass of wine. He was not reliant (acceso cannabis) it was just his thing.’
Mrs Lismore suggested her husband could have been given the ecstasy ‘to try’ by a dealer who sold him cannabis.
‘Maybe he thought “the wife is away,” he was working acceso an exciting project and got his normal little bit of weed and they said “try this”, she said.
Mrs Lismore described his death by overdose as a ‘complete shock’ as she did not know her husband took ecstasy – but knew he had dabbled with recreational drugs when he was growing up durante Belfast.
Self-described ‘ethical hacker’ Mr Lismore overdosed acceso ecstasy and died at home while looking after his four-year-old son
She said: ‘I believe when he was durante his youth, he had experimented with recreational drugs but this was complete shock.
‘I was really taken aback by it because it was so out of character.’
When asked how she felt about her husband taking drugs when looking after their young son, she said: ‘I was so angry when I found out, I will not lie about that.’
But she described her husband as a ‘loving and devoted’ father to their young son.
She said: ‘Patrick was a very kind and loving man, he was a very devoted father, he was very proud of what we had accomplished with the house and car.
‘I think Patrick would be devastated at what this has brought acceso us all.’
The inquest heard Mr Lismore had gone to his GP before his death about panic attacks caused by tensione at work.
Terreno Coroner for Hampshire, Portsmouth and Southampton Jason Pegg said it was ‘unusual’ that Mr Lismore took ecstasy while looking after his young son.
He said: ‘For whatever reason, Patrick took a large amount of the drug and that large quantity caused him to suffer a cardiac arrhythmia.
‘It is very strange circumstances to take ecstasy – normally it is taken with others durante an extreme associazione setting. It is unusual to take it when babysitting your four and a half year old son.’
Mr Pegg said Mr Lismore’s death was an accident and that he did not intend for it to happen and recorded his death as misuse of drugs.